Sunday, April 18, 2010

All things French

I truly believe I must have been French in a past life. I say this because I have engulfed myself with all things French....French wines (they're my favorite), French lessons through Alliance Francaise, French magazines, French foods, studying about French culture, and I've even begun listening to older movies in French. My all time favorite movie is Baby Boom with Diane Keaton, circa 1987. The movie Baby Boom was the catalyst for me starting my own business. Now, I've gone through several businesses throughout my life; interior design, pillow making, and even catering. All in an effort to find my true passion. They have all been spiracle in leading me to wine; wine consulting, wine gelee, consumer wine education.....The European Wine Table. When I started the company I didn't realize how much the French culture meant to me and the importance it played in my mission in life. And, after witnessing all of the frenchy things I'm into now, my business tag line "food, wine, family and friends...what could be better?" renews what I set out to do from its inception....educate people about wine, so that they can incorporate it into their everyday lives. You know what I think?...I think our passion is predestined and that there are many paths that we can take to get there. I kind of like the path I'm on.....tasting, writing and talking about wine for a living, how cool is that? The wine in the picture is L' Authentique...how fitting.....now if you can find this wine (I found it at Trader Joe's) have it with this French Roast Pork recipe.

a bientot (see you soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment