Monday, June 10, 2013

Yesterday’s Wine

mark west

I haven’t written on my blog for a while.  I’ve been busy perfecting our family’s gourmet product business.  I’ve learned though that nothing is ever perfected, perfection is a myth.  The only thing there is is growth, so growing we are doing. 

Sometimes in life we lose sight of what’s really important; what makes our heart sing.  Wine makes my heart sing.  I love sipping it, talking about it, teaching it…it speaks to me on many different levels, from the domestic to the finest from around the world.  My hope is to enlighten you so that it speaks to you too.  So let’s get on with it….

I had a wine the other night from California; Mark West Pinot Noir (vintage 2010), light rubyish rust colored red, smells of cow pasture and red fruits - tastes of subdued raspberry with a short tannic bite.  It was a pleasurable wine, true to California’s fruity style without being overly alcoholic, %13.8.  The smooth pinot fruit calms the alcohol.  It’s a wine that pairs ever so perfectly with grilled meats; skirt steak, hamburgers, etc.

I liked it a lot, in fact I’m sipping it as I type.  I love my wine job  :  )

 

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment