Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We are all the Same

Last week I went to the premiere of Sex and the City 2. I was invited to taste and review the new cocktails that Moet & Chandon (Champagne) created for the girls. It was a star studded Atlanta event, full of bling and photo ops. While standing among all of the celebrities I knew from television and the ones I didn’t know, sipping my favorite of the 4 cocktails, the Fashionista…..(Moet Champagne with a splash of pomegranate juice), I felt a little intimidated. But as I looked at each person while they were smiling for the cameras getting their photos taken, I had an epiphany…celebrities are no different from you and me. They are people just like we are, who have a “jobs“, just like we do, which makes them no more important in this world than we are. After that realization, my feeling of intimidation left instantly, and I stood proud knowing that wife, mother, and wine consultant was how I chose to show up in this world At that point the only thing that was really important to me was seeing the movie. And what a great movie it was. Moet & Chandon was the drink of choice throughout the movie… the girls always did have great taste. After the premiere I felt like a person with a new perspective. I was also a person on my way to Steak and Shake. Just to let you know, movie premieres don’t serve food, so if you ever decide to go to one eat before you go. You know being a celebrity is not all it’s cracked up to be! And in honor of my new perspective, I made a lemon tart to go with  Moet & Chandon Champagne. Here’s the recipe:  Lemon Tart

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment