Sunday, July 18, 2010

The American Wine Table

I'm all about great wine! And in our diverse county we have a wealth of vineyards and wineries across all 50 states that need to be explored. That is why I created a new Face Book group called The American Wine Table. Yes, I speak and write a lot about European wines...the elegant and fruit subtleness in their wines can't be denied. American wines have a certain boldness that is sometimes called for, like the wines of Sonoma, Napa, and Mendecino. Those we know about, but what of Oregon, Virginia, and New Jersey? Gems can be found there also. Take New Jersey for example...I know, what exit? New Jersey has a winery that is near and dear to my heart, Renault Winery. Near and dear because I got married there 13 years ago, and I have to say they make the most near perfect Burgundy red wine, made from a blend of Pinot Noir and Cabernet Franc, as perfect as you can get coming from New Jersey. We order 2 cases from them every Christmas season. The American Wine Table will be a forum for all to share their wine finds (like my find from New Jersey) preferably from American soil. Great recipes should be shared also, because you know food and wine are inseparable. Come join and share:  The American Wine Table

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment