Monday, July 5, 2010

Bastille Day 2010

This coming Saturday, July 10th, will be a very special day “pour moi” for me. I have been invited to participate in Bastille Day, given by Alliance Francaise d’ Atlanta, which will be celebrated that day, at 6:11 pm, officially. Bastille Day is the day the French celebrate its independence, much in the way we, in America, celebrate July 4th. The French celebrate this day with swanky affairs that include Champagne and other luxurious food niceties. This is very different from America’s hot dog and baked beans, hamburger and barbeque, with lemonade. Nothing wrong with that, it’s just a different way of celebrating. My role for this event will be ‘wine educator’. There will be a special Chateau Styled room created for me within the building (or high rise with a panoramic view of the Atlanta sky line, I should say) the event will take place in. I will be among honored sponsors, VIP’s and guest discussing the Champagne wine region and French wine history. I’m excited because I get to do what I love…talk about wine.

If you live in the Atlanta area, come join in the celebration:
 
Bastille Day 2010 information
 
Speaking of Champagne, have you tried this one: 
 
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment