Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Soul Story….

DSCN1150

I had an intimate connection last night with Ghirardelli’s  double chocolate brownies and a glass of Domain de Nizas 2006 Coteaux du Languedoc.  Here’s the scenario, me with my legs propped on a chair, lounging, wine glass half filled in my right hand with Coteaux du Languedoc, double chocolate brownie in my left hand..wine to mouth, then brownie to mouth…..oh my goodness….shear intimate pleasure!  A bond was formed………

Languedoc

Domaine de Nizas Coteaux du Languedoc 2006 (60% Syrah, 35% Mourvedre, 5% Grenache)

“deep garnet in color, with fragrant aromas of blackberries, bilberries (European blueberries) and spices…..distinctive herbal notes….lavendar, sage, rosemary and wild thyme…..well-balanced and clean, becoming round and full-bodied, with soft, ripe tannins and a long finish…..powerful and elegant…..perfect with lamb and Mediterranean dishes and rich dark chocolate”.

Grapes grown on the hillsides of this Mediterranean climate and soiled land produced something so special that I have redefined what makes a perfect relationship; commitment, acceptance, and allowing.  Winemaking can be a metaphor for life.  I see this wine chocolate relationship of mine lasting forever and what could be better for the soul than a great relationship.

enjoy

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment