Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday’s and Pleasure

DSCN1174

Today I won’t be talking about wine.  Today is about the wonderfulness of Fall and the joy of Sunday mornings.  Fall Sunday mornings are always a special time with my family.  We have a great breakfast and recap our football Saturday (we had a lot to talk about, my son made 4 touchdowns……..I’m just saying!).   This Sunday added to the usual suspects of pancakes and French baked eggs were homemade chocolate croissants.  I was watching my favorite cooking personality last week, Nigella Lawson, effortlessly, as always, make a delectable breakfast that included chocolate croissants.  It was so effortless that I said to myself, “I could have figured that out!”  Puff pastry with dark chocolate rolled in the center became mine and my family’s pleasure on Sunday morning.  A total of 24 in all, devoured within a matter of minutes.  I barely got the picture taken. The croissants were such a simple thing and I bet years from now my boys will say…do remember that time you made chocolate croissants that were so good we ate them all in a matter of minutes?……..Simple pleasures create lasting memories.  Here’s the recipe so you can create your own Nigella Lawson’s Chocolate Croissants.  Pair it with a cup of your favorite French roast coffee.

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment