Monday, October 11, 2010

Vessels of Simple Pleasure

DSCN1187 Wine is my favorite beverage, I love its expression and it reaches its full expression when it has an opportunity to be housed and poured from a carafe.  I collect those.  I also collect vessels to house my other favorite beverage…coffee.  Yes, I collect coffee cups.  I love coffee cups and I love being able to wrap my hands around a cup and feel the warmth for its content and the smell its earthy aroma.  The reason I collect them is because every coffee cup has a personality, some are playful, some are elegant, some are antique-ish…..and at any given coffee time I could be feeling a certain way and will select a cup that reflects my mood at that time.  Like right now, I’m sipping French roast from my Starbuck’s coffee cup.  It’s big and bold, I’m feeling quite big and bold and adventurous right now.  It doesn’t take much please me, just the simple things in life.  By the way my coffee of choice this week is Eight O’ Clock Coffee French Roast.

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment