Sunday, December 19, 2010

19th Hole ~ Golf+Fashion+Lifestyle.

DSCN1329

What a  small and wondrous world it is when you can come across a concept that makes you say…nice!   That’s what I thought when I met the founder and publisher, Ian Lawrence, of this uniquely luscious magazine that combines golf and fashion with the message of living life to the fullest…..The 19th Hole.  The last time I golfed was some years ago and that wasn’t on a golf course, I was at a driving range.  I remember being completely frustrated and non-understanding of why I couldn’t or should I say, why it was to difficult to hit that little ball.  I have much respect for participants in the golf world and an even more enlightened view after perusing this magazine.  I will tell you, right now all I want to do is go out and get new golf ensemble and try again.  This is not to say that over the years I have not been to a golf course; I have, not as a player, but as a spectator.  In fact I love golf courses…the greens…the clubhouses….the total atmosphere!  I do have one thing that I would change at a few golf clubs I’ve been to and that is their wine lists.  As a far off dream of mine, within the golf world, it would be nice to see first growth Bordeaux, second growth Bordeaux or even second label of second growth Bordeaux, being served by the glass.  Such ambiance deserves its patrons to be served Grand Cru and Premier Cru wines from the finest appellations this world has.   The trend has already started in Europe and in parts of Asia….why not with our golf clubs.  I can spear-head the effort, I don’t mind….I’ll report back.  In the mean time in honor of this elegant magazine I’d like to recommend and equally elegant wine to have while watching a golf tournament; Dirler Grand Cru(Alsace France) Kessler Riesling (any vintage but 2001 was my favorite).  This wine is packed with floral, stone fruit, and mineral elegance both on the nose and on the palate.  Perfect for sipping and watching.  And bravo to The 19th Hole ~ Golf (plus) Fashion (plus) Lifestyle (period) for reminding us that simplicity comes in all forms.

enjoy

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment