Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Transition

DSCN1291

Now that Thanksgiving is over I can focus on Christmas. Christmas for us is not about presents (we get those year round) it’s about eating and not just eating, but a feasting celebration of foods from around the world.  How else can I teach my boys about other cultures (other than going to various countries) than through food.  Over the years we’ve visited France with a Parisian style fare, then there was Germany (sausages galore).  One year it was northern Italy, I made Italian styled short ribs.  This year I’m feeling a bit rustic.  I think I’m going with Provence for this years Christmas meal.  Provence cuisine has an eclectic mixture of Mediterranean-French dishes.  For this endeavor I’ll put together recipes from my Patricia Wells “The Provence Cookbook”.  Her Guinea Hen Stuffed with Olives, Rosemary, Fennel, and Olive Leaves looks interesting.  The Tuna Fillet with Meyer Lemons looks good also.  I’m going to have fun with this!  There’s also a recipe for Raspberry Sorbet.  Yes, this Christmas will be magical.  I’ll keep you posted.

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment