Monday, November 29, 2010

Wine and Country

DSCN1235

Ok, not your traditional Thanksgiving I know…but a wonderful one it was.  My family and I went to Savannah (our favorite place to be as a family) and had a low-country boil (southern speak for seafood) for Thanksgiving.  Succulent Alaskan Crab, Cajun shrimp, spiced corn on a cob….this was just the appetizer!  The main meal consisted of char-grilled oysters, prime rib and of course southern fried chicken, all accompanied with an assortment of southern style vegetables…..sweet potatoes included.  There was an assortment of decadent desserts….apple and pumpkin tarts, both of which I had too many of or I should say both of which I need to work off.  Did I mention the setting?  We ate our fare outside on a large covered dock, the setting looking out at a bay of water (the weather was sunny, beautiful and 80 degrees).   Inside the covered dock was a large screen TV, so we were able to watch the NFL games as we stuffed ourselves (Dallas lost by the way(: ).  It was all perfect….my family, the food, the setting…the perfect Thanksgiving…each moment filled with gratitude!  So what wine did I choose to go with this fare?  Kabinett German Riesling……it went perfectly with everything. 

P.S .  place of origin for dinner…..Uncle Bubbas.

 

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment