Monday, January 10, 2011

French Country Comfort

DSCN1347 Our current snow storm has provided me the opportunity catch up on some wine reading (I’ve started reading The Great Vintage Wine Book by Michael Broadbent) and because I participated in the food shopping frenzy with the rest of the South, on Saturday and Sunday, I have plenty of delicious dishes to make.  Thus far, for breakfast, I’ve made homemade waffles with maple sausage and French baked eggs.  For lunch I made an assortment of Panini's with various cheeses; cheddar, gruyere, goat, and Swiss.  The Panini’s went well with my husbands creamy tomato bisque soup.  For a late dinner (go Auburn!) I’m making Fricassee of Chicken with Chorizo and Peppers paired with a Cotes du Rhone.  This recipe courtesy of Patricia Wells of “The Provence Cookbook” fame.  And as my icicled boys comes inside after hours of sledding, I have mugs of warm homemade hot chocolate waiting for them.  Yes, my family’s snowy day is filled with lots of comfort food, and judging from the weather the comfort will continued for the next few days because the snow and ice is expected to continue for that much longer.  Oh well!  Isn’t life great?

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment