Sunday, January 23, 2011

What’s your inner grape?

DSCN1351

We all know wine grapes has its own unique personality and blueprint even with clusters grown side by side.  You can think of them as you would your family; father, mother, sisters, brothers, and cousins….all different…personality wise.  With this in mind I got to thinking about my own grape personality and style.  What grape matches me?  I think of myself as someone with quiet power, not forthcoming but having a knowing that I can shape events and impact change for a better understanding of our wine world.  Beneath this quiet strength is an elegance that has developed over time.  There’s no tooting involved here, I just know who I am.   With this in mind my personality matches with the Riesling grape….somewhat temperamental, flourishing when conditions are right, elegant in style and form, and gets better with time.  What’s your inner grape?  I have very good friends around me, one in particular that has been a friend since 1st grade.  She’s outwardly strong and totally supportive.  I see her inner grape as Petit Verdot, a strong backend support for the Bordeaux wine.  Sometimes it’s needed to bind and hold everything together and sometimes its not, nonetheless, always has your back.  More resent friendships include a Chenin Blanc, sweet as can be, multi-faceted, versatile, sometimes complex, and discovering who she is as time goes on.  I have a Chardonnay in my life….steadfast, predictable, and reliable.  My husband is a Nebbiolo strong and forthright when needed, and strong and subdued when needed.   We all have a matching inner grape….what’s yours?   The answer may require tasting many bottles of wine………oh well!

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment