Sunday, March 27, 2011

Italian Style

DSCN1407

I bought these bowls and one matching plate at Marshall’s.  I like cruising the discount isle at Marshall’s just to find pieces like this to add to my already eclectic collection of things.  I fell in love with the creamy yellow color and the Italian looking pattern on each piece, and they make me think about the Italian villa I’m going to purchase one day…yes, I am!  Speaking of Italy I had a wine the other day that really exemplifies Italian style; Avignonesi’s Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.  The vintage was 2007 and it exemplified total Italian-ness; sangiovese blended with other native grapes at its best.  Italian wines have this subtly powerful fruitiness and earthiness to them that only comes from grapes grown in Italy; deep dark berries, stewed strawberries, all with an underlying of earth.  This wine had all of that and depth to boot.  I had the wine with this Meatball in Maranara sauce I made for my family, served in my new Italian bowls.  I think I smiled through the entire meal because we were eating something wonderful, in something beautiful, and all of it being enhanced by fabulous wine…. and isn’t that what life’s all about?  Yep!

enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Yes, all these things make us feel alive.
    Be excited about sharing with our loved ones these magic moments: cooking, tasting a fine wine ...
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful bowls!
    The Wine Colours

    ReplyDelete