Sunday, March 6, 2011

Revamping

DSCN1380

Revamping the decor of my home has become my cardio workout.  Gloriously I romp from store to store deciding which accessories would appeal to my home and my senses.  I think the home should be a safe haven from the chaos of the outside world, the place where you leave everything behind to renew yourself.  A place where stress is not welcomed.  Where only good food, wine and  good friends abound.  I’m taking on one section of the house at a time, starting first with my bookshelf filled with family photos and vintage wine books.  I think, in this section, I’m going to replace frames to make them one theme….vintage, different variations of vintage frames.  Then I was thinking of adding an antique lamp and surround it with antique trinkets and possibly go with a coat of light orange paint as a backdrop, orange is such a vibrant color and it’s my favorite .  Accents of orange are all around my home.   If you were to see my home you’d definitely know I’m a wine lover too because wine things are strategically placed throughout;  wine shop night light, bowls, vases and large hurricanes filled with wine corks, and a wine cellar along with wine crates filled with dusty bottles of wine from around the world.  I have to say though that the most treasured treasure in my home is my family.  My home becomes even more alive when we are together.   They are as vibrant as a California Pinot Noir, an accent that tops all accents.   Yes, indeed I love my home.  It makes me smile.  I hope yours makes you smile too:)

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment