Friday, May 8, 2009

Introduction to Living the Wine Life


I'm a wine person. Meaning I live and breath wine. Not in a lush sense, but in a "how does it taste that way sense". It started about 14 years ago. I was at a friends home having dinner and she brought out a carafe of blush coloured wine. I sipped it with my meal and thought, "what is this, and where did it come from?" It was so delicious. Turns out is was a homemade wine, made by the friends of my friend. They lived in California and made this terrific wine in their backyard. This wasn't a store bought rose, or a name brand rose from France, it was homemade, and for me, memorable! This started my quest for getting to know wine. I started with a simple Wine Spectator course. Moved on to studying wine with the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET), I'm in their Diploma program now, working towards my Master of Wine designation.

In the mean time I'm going to talk and write about wine to all that will listen. Wine is the backbone of living life to the fullest.....it enhances our meals, it brings family and friends together, and it takes you to a place you may never have been before. As we will discover together, most wines, Chianti Classico for example, express the place or land they come from. You just have to close your eyes and open your senses.


Let's live the Wine Life!



Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment