Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Savannah






I absolutely love Savannah, Georgia! My family and I vacation there at least twice a year. I think eventually we'll have to give in and buy a home there. Each time we go we discover another great food spot, and on this trip, believe it or not, I didn't taste a drop of wine. Hard to believe I know! This trip was devoted to great food with beer.....delectable, cool-your-mouth-off, summertime beer. My beer of choice with my Vinnie Van Go-Go's pizza....Peroni. Peroni Nastro Azzurro is an Italian beer brewed in Rome. It has the perfect balance of flavor with bitter and acidity, kind of like a Heineken only smoother in taste and paler in color. This beer also went well with my husbands left over oysters from Uncle Bubba's Seafood (one of Paula Deen's restaurants). All I kept hearing was "boy that's good", after every bite and sip. Try this beer with your summertime grilled burgers and steaks and of course pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment