Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chic De Vigne Wine Society of Atlanta


I created a "LinkedIn" group called Chic De Vigne Wine Society of Atlanta. Chic De Vigne means "vineyard chic" in French. I named it this because I believe that it embodies a wine lifestyle or way of life that can be achieved by all of us. We can learn a lot about lifestyle from wine regions abroad, each has one thing in common, a shared priority, family. From a lifestyle as simplistic as Italy to the elegance of Paris. I envision a movement to where the main priority in our lives is our relationship with family and friends, and at the center of it all is the sharing of great food and wine. So join the movement, it doesn't matter what city you live in. To start you off I'm sharing my favorite recipe (complements of Gourmet Magazine) with the name of my favorite St. Estephe. Usually I hide in the closet with my Bordeaux, but in honor of my lifelong purpose I think I'll share it. Enjoy, and join us on LinkedIn. Chic De Vigne, "where people, wine and great food meet".



Spaghetti with Spicy Tomato Olive Sauce

1/2 cup calamata olives cut lengthwise into slivers
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 (14 to 15 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 lb spaghetti

Cook olives, garlic, and red pepper flakes in oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and salt and simmer, stirring occasionally and breaking up large pieces of tomato, until sauce is slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.

While sauce is simmering, cook spaghetti in a 6 to 8 quart pot of boiling salted water.

Drain spaghetti in a colander and add to sauce. Cook, tossing, over moderately low heat until pasta is coated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Serves 4

Wine: Frank Phelan Saint Estephe 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment