Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shear pleasures to be thankful for

Two of my favorite words and sensations for my mouth, Pouilly Fuisse (poo-E fu-say) and chocolate. Pouilly Fuisse is from the southern half of France within the Burgundy region and it's 100% chardonnay. You'd recognize it by its golden yellow color, smells of green apples, earth and a hint of vanilla. The taste is reflective of the aroma with an added creaminess that lingers in your mouth. The wine I sipped all afternoon while helping to prepare our Thanksgiving meal. The chocolate pudding, well.... I ate one for breakfast, one for lunch and one after dinner. You see, I made enough ramekins of Nigella Lawsons Gooey Chocolate Pudding to eat all day. I justified it by telling myself that it was Thanksgiving and that I deserved it. Who doesn't deserve dark chocolate anything anytime! I know it's bad....you'll see what I mean when you see the recipe, but it's worth it. I'll work it off. In thinking about Thanksgiving, being able to enjoy myself with a glass of great wine and capping it off with a decadent chocolate pudding is one of the best pleasures in my life and one that I am truly thankful for. Sharing both with family and friends.....now that puts a lasting smile on my face.

Enjoy

Gooey Chocolate Pudding
  • 4 1/2 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup Italian 00 for all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 400. Grease 4 ramekins with butter, coat with flour and shake off excess. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and flour. Set aside. In a microwave safe dish melt butter and chocolate, pour into egg, sugar and flour mixture. Whisk until fully combined. Pour mixture into ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops are firm and cracking slightly and the edges set.

No comments:

Post a Comment