Friday, November 6, 2009

vineyard chic - a splash of pumpkin

Fall is such a great time of year. For me its like New Year's.....new season means new beginnings and fall decor. My belief is that your home is a direct reflection of who you are, my reflection shows that I'm a French County girl, so all things French is what I like to be surrounded by. Here's an idea for your coffee table (French trinkets with a splash of fall); this rout iron glass table has a few French antique trinkets on it, trinkets I've collected over the years, coupled with what exemplifies fall....pumpkins. Neutral with a splash of your favorite color always works. My favorite is orange. So in honor of the new fall season, I'm sharing my favorite French Pumpkin Soup recipe......enjoy!

French Pumpkin Soup

serves 6 to 8

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 small onion, peeled and diced
  • 4-3/4 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and diced
  • 1 small potato, peeled and diced
  • 5 cups water
  • sea salt
  • 3/4 cup gruyere or comte cheese, grated

Directions:

Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until it begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.

Add the pumpkin, the potato, and the water; stir, and then season lightly with salt. Cover and bring t a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook covered until the pumpkin is so soft that it comes apart, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree the mixture in a food processor or with a wand mixer until smooth and uniformly blended.

Taste for seasoning, and serve with the cheese alongside.

Have this soup with your favorite Alsace Riesling.



1 comment:

  1. I've tried this soup it's really good...thank you.

    ReplyDelete