Sunday, December 13, 2009

Truffle Oil Pizza with Meritage

I love food! I love food with wine...and this is the last piece of my homemade truffle oil pizza. I'm really proud that I can make this. I make the dough and knead it myself, flatten it out and slather it with earthy truffle oil, mozzarella cheese, and then mound it with earthy mushrooms. Bake for 10 minutes in a 500 degree oven and there I have it, earthy heaven! Uncomplicated and simplistic just the way I like things. The wine I paired this with was equally earthy....a Meritage (Dr. Jebediah Drinkwells 2007), from Trader Joe's. Now, Meritage is California's answer to Bordeaux. This Meritage was a Cabernet Franc predominate wine, 60%. You can smell the earthiness of the Cabernet Franc while pouring the wine into the glass. The rest of the blend is Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignion, Malbec and Petit Verdot. The perfect accompaniment to my truffle oil pizza. I really take great pleasure in making simple uncomplicated gourmet meals. Having those meals with a great bottle of wine makes it even better.

1 comment:

  1. I love anything with truffle oil. My favorite use for it is drizzled over cold lobster salad. Would the Meritage pair well with that or would you recommend another wine?

    ReplyDelete