Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saveur the moment

My beloved Gourmet magazine is forever gone, I have mourned it's passing and moved forward. Gourmet feed me with it's recipes and feed me with cultural experiences. Through Gourmet I learned the difference between northern Italian cuisine and southern Italian cuisine. It took me to a different part of the world each month. As by no means a replacement, I'm trying on a new magazine. I won't hold it against them that a year subscription is only 9 issues. Nonetheless, I'm going to give them a shot. Judging from the cover I will be taking many cultural food adventures with Saveur. Recipes will be tried and lovingly paired with great wine. I'm flipping through the pages and I can see already a recipe for Greek Fried Cheese...I'll pair that with Barbera...oh, and there's a recipe for Shrimp Ravioli with Spinach and Ginger.....Kabinett Riesling or Northern Rhone for that. I can foresee many food adventures coming. These recipes are not for the timid. I supposed I'm up for the challenge. Afterall, what's life without a little challenge:)

P.S. I've started a new wine review blog...check it out Vintage Chronicle

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment