Sunday, March 7, 2010

What feeds the Soul

There are things and people in my life that just feed my soul. Things that when I have them or see them, just light me up on the inside...my boys....and when I say boys, my husband is in this pack. I am lovingly surrounded by three of them. That first cup of coffee in the morning feeds me. That first cup of Italian roast in the morning is truly necessary because no talking happens until after I have consumed it. The color orange feeds me. I surround myself with it, from the accents in my home to the notebooks I write in. A glass of a truly balanced wine feeds me. Albert Boxler Pinot Gris......there are no words. Rich dark chocolate anything is another, that goes without saying. Beautiful food and wine web sites feed me Native Food & Wine. Potatoes feed my soul...french fried, mashed, au gratin, you name it! I have an exclusive list, and things that feed your soul should be an exclusive list, because not everything you surround yourself with or consume feeds your core, and what feeds the soul is what makes life worth everything. You know what else feeds my soul?....mascarpone. Whether it's in cannoli form surrounded by a decadent shell or whether it's within something like this Mascarpone with Espresso recipe, which I made, by the way, during the Christmas holiday...and oh how it fed my soul!
wine pairing: pair this desert with your favorite Italian Moscato wine
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment