Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wine Passion

I know I've mentioned to you that I have a thing for collecting cookbooks. I have an even greater collection of wine books, new and antiquated, tattered and outdated. The reason for this is because wine is my passion, it's in my soul. I study the technology of it, the intricacies and the methods that help it come together, and the history and evolution of it dating back 6000 years. I engulf myself with it like a person addicted. The books I collect are books that tell it's story. Sometimes it's the same story with a different light shed upon it. New information nonetheless for me. Information I keep in my mental database and pull out when I want to enlighten a student or client about wine. I suppose that's what passion is all about. Bringing that inner addiction to the forefront for all to experience. In a good way of course. And in my opinion if I've only enlighten one person about the virtues of wine, food, and family....I've done a great thing. Someday maybe I'll tell a wine story that can be handed down from generation to generation. In the mean time in honour of the two new wine books I purchased from an antique shop, about the Burgundy and Bordeaux wine regions, I'm opening a bottle of wine I've had for a couple of years. It's a St. Emilion which is produced on the right-bank or right side of the Bordeaux wine region. This right side produces wines that are made predominately from the Merlot grape. I expect it to be fabulous, and I will aerate and sip while I read my new books. What a great, passionate, wine filled life I have!

Wine: Tertre du Moulin 2006 St. Emilion Grand Cru (Whole Foods)

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment