Monday, February 1, 2010

Paula and me

I know I mentioned that Nigella Lawson is the person responsible for introducing me to cooking and my obsession with cookbooks, but it's Paula Deen that keeps me eating and loving every bite of what I eat. Not totally because of her wonderful recipes, but because of her wonderful spirit that comes across whenever you see her..... and her laugh is infectious. Her story is on of strength and perseverance and proves that if you think it and feel it, you can live it. Now her recipes cause me to do extra laps on the treadmill, but it's worth it. Southern food is definitely comfort food, and southern food is about family much the way wine and food is about family in Europe. I saw her make the Creole Shrimp and Lobster Bisque on her show. It looked so good while she was making it, I had to have it. As to not feel so guilty about what I was going to be eating, you know the fat content and all, I gave the recipe to my husband so he could make it. I'm smart that way! While he cooked it the seafood smells radiated throughout the house. This dish needed a special wine. I chose Whispering Angel Rose from Provence, France. It has a beautiful floral fragrance and it tastes of creamy strawberries. Creamy elegant bisque, creamy elegant wine. Both where perfect together. While I was sipping and eating I thought, thanks to Paula I have married two traditions southern and European....and what great combo it is!

Wine: Chateau d' Esclans Whispering Angel Cotes De Provence Rose from Provence, France paired with Paula Deen's Shrimp and Lobster Bisque

No comments:

Post a Comment