Sunday, May 16, 2010

Intermezzo during my Intermission

I'm going to make it short and sweet this week because I had a tooth extraction on Friday and I need to take full and prolonged advantage of all the pampering I'm getting from my husband.  Besides that, I'm not allowed to have wine....that in and of itself is depressing.  I wonder if the Romans saw it that way?  After all wine was used back then as an external healing liquid as well as for what ailed you on the inside.  So I beg to differ about this "not having wine stuff" after a tooth extraction.  Nonetheless, I will comply.  And to add insult to injury, I am limited to liquid foods....soups, mushy slide-down-your-throat stuff....depressing still :(   So since I can't eat I will look and savor, and one of my favorite magazines to do so is Intermezzo Magazine.  This magazine epitomizes my phrase "living the wine life".   It takes you on epicurean excursions to various food and wine regions, provides recipes for decadent desserts, and each issue provides home decorating ideas.  It's a really great magazine for people who want to know the what and how about food and wine.  The next time you're browsing the magazine section at Barnes and Noble look for it, you'll get hooked just like I did.  Now I have to go back to being pampered.

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment