Sunday, May 2, 2010

Only the Best will do

Living the wine life includes coffee. I fact, I can't be spoken to until I have had that first morning sip. My vehicle of choice for making my morning brew is not a coffee maker, it's my French Press. The French Press, I feel, brings out the essence of every tiny grind. The grind of the week is La Madeleine's French Roast.  They make it the best!  For dark Italian roast I like Eight O'clock coffee.  That was last weeks grind of the week. Yum!   You know I noticed I really like the best of everything.  Not in a snobbish way, but in a way that sets a good example for living my best life.  Take paper plates, I never eat off of paper plates, not even at a picnic. I feel it's an insult to food to eat off of paper plates.  Whenever possible I go organic, from sugar to produce.  Nothing but the purest ingredients should be put into our bodies.  Chocolate? 70%.....Wine?  from the best wine producers.  Cheese?  sheep's milk.  Flowers?  Carnations.   Friends?  people that help me see myself and I in turn for them.  You know, the best doesn't mean expensive...the best is a mindset we all make the choice to have.   Here's one the best Vinho Verde's I've ever had, Espiral Vinho Verde from Portugal.  It's honest, limey and refreshing.  Perfect with springtime and picnic foods, $5.99 Trader Joe's.  Only the best will do.

enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Hey lovely blog! I finish WSET level 2 and 3 this year, then will see how goes I would like to finish it in England. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything in this post...friends, food and life rules in general. VERY HAPPY POSITIVE post. KEEP SHINING!!!!

    ReplyDelete