Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day started on Friday.  You know the old saying "if you give them a stick, they take a yard", well that's me, I insist on starting special days early, as to enjoy them longer.  The same for birthday's in my home, you don't just get your "birth day", you get a birth week.  It's a week long celebration.  During the  three days I relaxed, was feed great food...caught up on reading....and tasted some new wines.  My husband and boys pampered me for the entire three days  I did all of the things that I normally either don't have time for, or rush through.  I even had time to think and reflect, and you know what? I realized what an honor it is to be a mom.  My boys are the most precious people in my life and I feel honored to be their mom. There's a journey we are on together and I get to influence their journey a little and guide them and watch them take form into individuals that can make a difference in a world that so needs their kind hearts.  A world that needs it's individuals to be recognized and acknowledged.  What a big and great job....motherhood!   So on to the special wine I had for my Mother's Day dinner,  Spaghetti Bolognese, you know, that slow-cooked-to-perfection meat sauce over pasta.  My husband paired it with a 2006 Monte Antico Toscana, Sangiovese, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon blend (a Super Tuscan).  It was Italian perfection...just like my 3 days and my incredible family. 

Visit http://vintagechronicle.blogspot.com/ for my wine reviews

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment