Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Beach House circa 2010

DSCN1558 This wine is all the label entails; tranquil, cool, peaceful, relaxed, and my word; refreshing.   The Beach House is a wine produced in South Africa.  It’s a blend of two French grape varieties; sauvignon blanc 85% and semillon 15%.  It’s interesting because when blended and produced in Bordeaux (the two grapes are standard within the Bordeaux white wine) you would use the same words only you’d include the word textured.   The Bordeaux white wine has more texture and layers (this could well be because more semillon is added to the blend)  Now, with all of that said, wine is about a feeling and should be memorable no matter the price or origin. The Beach House is memorable.  It put’s you in a place of simplicity and relaxation, not from the alcohol content, but from it’s citrusy, grassy presence within your mouth.  I’m all about the beach, and The Beach House is one wine you should take with you when you go.  In fact, take it with you on a picnic, to a friends barbeque, take it to the park, or better still, your deck…….you get the picture!

enjoy

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to look for this label on my next wine purchase and give you my feedback. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom recently drank this at the beach, of all places, and said it was good. I'll have to look for it myself at Whole Foods. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete