Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bordeaux and Me


I have a true love affair with Bordeaux wine. There is nothing like a Bordeaux whether its generic (Bordeaux or Superieur), district or commune level. Of course I can hardly afford the commune level or highest appellation wines. I'm talking about the first growths; Lafite, Latour, and the Mouton-Rothschild. These I can dream heavily about and only imagine the complexity and ah ha! moments it would bring. The day will come for me, but until then I'll take a district like this Reserve De L'Estey Medoc 2006. This wine was firm and structured upon entry. A melding together of three grape varieties unmatched anywhere in the world, in my opinion. Deep berries, with wood and spice all rolled together to make one perfect union. 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, and 5% Malbec. I purchased it a Trader Joes for about $9.99. Have it with your next steak and sauteed vegetable dinner. Living the wine life doesn't have to cost a lot. Viva la Bordeaux!

Wine : Reserve De L'Estey Medoc
Importer : Plume Ridge Wine Negociants

No comments:

Post a Comment