Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lemony Paired with Lemony


Since lemon is one of my favorite mouth sensations, I decided to bake a pie and pair it with an equally lemony wine. This delicious pie is from a recipe I found on the Food and Wine web site, Lemon Ice Box Pie. First of all I don't really bake all that much, unless of course it's lemon or chocolate related. So I'm really proud of myself for attempting and accomplishing what I set out to do, which was to pair a lemon pie with my favorite lemony wine, Orvieto. The combination was perfect! as evident from the "oh my gods" from the friends, I served it to. Now in order to save my figure, I'm going to share the remains of this pie with my neighbors.


On second thought....this pie is worth the extra 30 minutes on the treadmill......

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment