Monday, January 4, 2010

every day moments, and simple pleasures

Champagne is one of life's greatest gifts. An unwanted discovery by Dom Perignon who couldn't figure out how to get those darn bubbles out. I guess, he, along with the helpful thoughts of Napoleon, decided, if you can't beat it, join it and celebrate with it! Celebrate they did. From royal class, to not so royal class; Champagne was regarded as the drink of celebrations. This new year's celebration my husband and I opened a bottle of Louis De Sacy Grand Cru Champagne. We've had it for 5 years. I felt it was time, after all what were we waiting for? This question triggered a revelation and another question, "why wait for anything"? Life was meant to be lived now, in the moment. We shouldn't keep simple pleasures in life waiting. There were many moments when we could have opened this Champagne, i.e. new job, a new business venture, new blog, and even, just because...we could have opened it just because. Everyday life is a celebration. So this year, for me, starts the beginning of celebrating and being mindful of simple pleasures and everyday moments. I won't always do it with grand cru Champagne...... great coffee sipped from my favorite Starbucks mug will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment