Sunday, August 15, 2010

Following Bliss

DSCN1105

One of my true passions, besides talking, writing about, and tasting wine, is antique shopping.   I have lost the time to do it lately, but finding this book while cleaning clutter reminded me of what I use to love to do each Saturday morning.  When I lived in Southern New Jersey there were converted barns everywhere filled with not longer needed treasures from various estates.  My home is filled with such items like the Salvador Dali I found buried at the bottom of an old box filled with picture frame (don’t get too excited, it’s a reproduction),  the roll top desk that I write my hand-written “thank you” notes to clients, and the antique rotary dial phone that we had rewired, and is the phone I use in my home office.  Such treasures these are!  You know, the book in the photo is called The Business of Bliss – How to Profit from doing What you Love.  It was published by Victoria Magazine years and years ago and it is the book that inspired me to begin finding out what my “bliss” was, and you know what, my bliss is everything…..bliss is the feeling you carry with you, always.  In all that you do, whether it’s antiquing, or cooking, or talking about wine,  you make a choice to show up with your bliss.  And now I’m going to bring my full bliss into the bottle of Washington State Riesling I picked up at my local wine shop, Bridgman Riesling 2008 (Columbia Valley) (see review).   It will be perfection with my homemade Chinese style fried rice.  Next Saturday morning, I’m going antiquing.

enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment